CARE's Spay/Neuter Assistance
Part of our mission is to reduce pet overpopulation by providing low-cost spay and neuter services to the Central Arkansas community. Paws in the Clinic thanks A.A.R.F., Arkansas Animal Rescue Foundation, for the resources to assist in this vital mission.
CARE Spay/Neuter Vouchers
CARE's vouchers cover part of the cost of the spay/neuter surgery and work like a coupon for sterilization services.
Spay/neuter vouchers are issued to clients who cannot afford the full price surgery for their pets. There is no income requirement. Clients are asked to pay between $15 and $50 depending on what the client can contribute, and CARE covers the remaining cost.
Vouchers can be used at designated veterinary clinics with an appointment. CARE's goal is to reach out to needy locations in Arkansas, but we cannot cover them all. If you area is not covered, please contact us for further assistance.
Arkansas Clinics that accept CARE's Spay/Neuter VouchersSearch by location or county, and call to inquire about CARE's vouchers for low-cost surgery.
- Little Rock/Pulaski County - Arkansans for Animals Call CARE: (501) 603-2273
- Little Rock/Pulaski County - Shackleford Road Vet Clinic Call: (501) 224-6998
- Bauxite/Saline County - Humane Society of Saline County Call: (501) 557-5518
- Cabot/Lonoke County - Cabot Animal Services (Cabot residents only) Call: (501) 843-2021
- Conway/Conway County - Vilonia Animal Clinic Call CARE: (501) 603-2273
- Greenbrier/Faulkner County - Companions Spay/Neuter Clinic Call CARE: (501) 603-2273
- Hazen/Prairie County - Grand Prairie Veterinary Services Call: (870) 255-0022
- Hot Springs/Hot Spring County -Kelly Veterinary Clinic Call CARE: (501) 603-2273
- Mayflower/Faulkner County - Mayflower Animal Clinic Call CARE: (501) 603-2273
- Morrilton/Perry County - Morrilton Veterinary Clinic Call CARE: (501) 603-2273
- Monticello/Drew County - Monticello Animal Clinic Call CARE: (501) 603-2273
- Malvern/Hot Spring County - Providence Veterinary Care Call CARE: (501) 603-2273
- Pine Bluff/Jefferson County - Animal Hospital on Olive Call: (870) 614-4383
- Stuttgart/Arkansas County - Carnahan Animal Hospital Call CARE: (501)603-2273
CARE Low Cost Spay/Neuter Clinics
See above for more information.
For low-income individuals and families. By appointment ONLY. These clinics are held occasionally throughout the year in different locations.
Low-income qualifications include annual individual income of less than $17,200, annual family income of less than $25,000 (proof: pay stub, tax return, etc. is required), or receiving government assistance (proof: SNAP benefits, Social Security, etc. is required).
- If the pet is not currently vaccinated against rabies, this vaccination and a license will be given free of charge.
- Annual vaccinations and microchipping are available for an additional charge.
Routine spay or neuter procedures are the only offered procedure.
Surgery cannot be performed on a sick animal.
Pets must be at least 4 months old.
Dogs may not exceed 60 pounds.
Email us to make an appointment: email@example.com
or call (501) 603-2273.
Volunteer at CARE's Spay/Neuter Clinics!Help with processing the furry patients and comforting them during surgical recovery.
Volunteer at the CARE office to help with paperwork and data entryWe are busy keeping our records straight, and we could use some reliable help!
If you are interested and available in either of these areas, fill out the volunteer form.
Central Arkansas Spay/Neuter Information & Resources
- Arkansas Animal Rescue Foundation (AARF) - a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation, founded by Kathy Reese in 2006, to aid animals in the State of Arkansas. Since then it has developed programs in pet adoption, spay/neuter assistance, and funding of other animal rescue and animal assistance non-profits. They offer assistance to Cleburne County, Conway County, Johnson County, Perry County, Pope County & Yell County.
- Arkansans for Animals, Inc.. - a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the welfare of animals. Operates "OPERATION S.a.V.E. ("Sterilization and Vaccination Effort"), a full-time, low-cost spay/neuter clinic located in Little Rock, AR, as well as a mobile animal surgical unit. www.arkansans4animals.org 501-455-5400
- Cabot Animal Control- municipal animal shelter (2951 South 1st Street, Cabot). Hosts a low-cost spay/neuter clinic every Tuesday at the shelter. The shelter veterinarian, Dr. Karen Pallone of Pallone Veterinary Hospital, performs the surgeries. Must be a Cabot resident. No income restriction. 501-843-2021
- Companions Spay & Neuter Clinic - a full-time, low-cost spay and neuter clinic whose services are open to the general public; financial assistance offered (located in Springhill/Greenbrier, AR). www.companionsspayandneuter.com 501-679-7900
- Feline Rescue & Rehome (FURR) - spay/neuter clinic for feral cats only (located in Little Rock, AR). www.teamfurr.org 501-661-0956
- Humane Society of Saline County - holds frequent low-cost spay/neuter clinics and drive-thru shot clinics (located in Bauxite, AR). www.hssaline.org 501-557-5518
- Out of the Woods Animal Rescue - SNIP (Spay/Neuter Program) - a reduced-cost program for people who are having financial difficulty but want to spay or neuter their pets. www.ootwrescue.org
NATIONAL Spay/Neuter Information & Resources
- ASPCA Spay/Neuter FAQ
- ASPCA/USA Directory - offers spay/neuter database for organizations in the United States offering low-cost surgery; source for overpopulation statistics, and toll-free number for low-cost spay/neuter referrals.
- Alley Cat Allies - trap-neuter-and-release ("TNR") information for feral cat colonies.
- Humane Alliance - nationally recognized nonprofit organization that focuses on high-volume, high-quality, low-cost companion animal sterilization (Asheville, NC).
- The Humane Society of the United States:
- Home Safety Guide for Pet Owners
Please thank these Arkansas locations for helping CARE's Spay/Neuter Effort!
Animal Hospital on Olive
Arkansans for Animals, Operation S.a.V.E.
Cabot Animal Services
Carnahan Animal Hospital
Companions Spay/Neuter Clinic
Humane Society of Saline County
Little Rock Animal Village
Mayflower Animal Clinic
Morrilton Veterinary Clinic
Monticello Animal Clinic
Providence Veterinary Care
Shackleford Road Veterinary Clinic
Vilonia Animal Clinic